Thursday, April 28, 2005

Crashing

The relative frequency of crashing of various programs on my computer:
  • Microsoft Word: Every 5 seconds. Which is why I don't use it any more. See next entry.
  • OpenOffice: Never crashed yet. Recent versions are roughly as capable as Word, so I don't feel that I'm missing anything by using it.
  • Excel and Powerpoint: Don't use them too much, but can't remember either of them crashing.
  • Internet Explorer: I rarely use it, but when I do it seems to crash at a reasonable clip
  • EditPlus: My preferred text and web site editor; never crashed.
  • Photoshop: Seems pretty stable
  • Gaim: Crashes very rarely
  • Mozilla Firefox: My main web browser. Known to crash, but infrequently, and it has a nice auto recover feature which remembers which sites you were at when anything happens. BUT, it doesn't remember the text you're entering on those sites. Hence my loss.

My next post will presumably be written in EditPlus.

No comments: